Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (Green Century) administers the Green Century Funds, the first family of environmentally responsible and fossil fuel free mutual funds. Founded and wholly owned by non-profit advocacy organizations, Green Century is dedicated to promoting an environmentally sustainable economy. The Green Century Funds are designed to achieve competitive returns while putting investors' money to work through our shareholder engagement to curb climate change, promote sustainable agriculture and press for greater corporate environmental responsibility.
The Green Century mission:
• Provide environmentally responsible investing opportunities for those who care about the planet while seeking competitive returns
• Promote corporate environmental responsibility through a comprehensive shareholder advocacy program
• Support the advocacy and public interest work of Green Century’s founding non-profit organizations by generating revenue to fund their programs
Green Century Capital Management is seeking to add a talented person to our marketing team in order to expand Green Century's outreach, attract more assets, and promote corporate environmental responsibility.
Green Century's Communications Manager will work closely with the President and other senior staff to devise and implement strategies for creatively marketing the Funds, focusing primarily on the media and public relations; messaging; and content development for web and print. We are looking for a candidate with excellent writing abilities, exceptional people skills, a fearless approach to calling members of the media, a proven ability to juggle multiple projects, and a good-natured personality that will further contribute to the strength of our team.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Drafting and implementing comprehensive media and public relations campaigns
• Working with Green Century’s President, crafting internal and external messaging and speeches
• Developing new communications strategies to advance Green Century’s mission
• Creating new content for Green Century’s digital strategy
• Overseeing the design of all internal and external materials and ensuring consistent style and branding
• Managing relationships with graphic designers, photographers, videographers, as needed
• Identifying new and creative opportunities to maximize Green Century’s presence in traditional and social media
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues, sustainable investing, and environmentally responsible businesses. The successful candidate will also bring the following skills and attributes to the position: strong verbal, writing, interpersonal and analytical skills; energy and commitment to socially responsible investing; a team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity with a drive and ability to motivate others; and an ability to implement comprehensive marketing and communications strategy. Candidates for these positions should have three or more years of relevant professional experience post-college, including (but not limited to) work in political, policy, legal, business or government settings.
Salary & Benefits
Salary for this position is set on a non-profit scale and depends on experience. A competitive benefits package includes fully paid individual health care coverage following three months of service, educational loan assistance, eligibility for a 401k retirement plan following one year of service, paid vacation and sick days, parental leave and an opportunity to participate in the firm’s disability insurance plan.
Please visit www.greencentury.com
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, indicating “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Green Century Capital Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer